We are proud to provide Sirona Dental’s CEREC 3D technology to our patients who need restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Gone are the days when the patient must return for multiple visits to complete a restoration. CEREC technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit. Also with this new system, the need for temporaries or impressions has been eliminated.
How does CEREC work?
- First, the decay and/or old filling is removed.
- Then, the teeth are prepared with a thin coat of reflective powder, and a specialized digital 3D camera creates a precise digital image of the teeth. This state-of-the-art system replaces the need for messy, cumbersome traditional impressions.
- The computer-aided design (CAD) software then enables us to design and create a restoration specific to your dental needs. These highly durable restorations also can be color-matched for a more natural-looking smile.
- We then will attach the restoration to the tooth, and check it for position, placement and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration – there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What are the advantages of this system?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment – no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process usually is completed in less than two hours.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very biocompatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, more healthy tooth structure can be saved, because the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.